Volunteer with Greenbriar
Contribute to your Community
Ways To Help
In 1996, Greenbriar established Project Safe Place, which focuses on the prevention of child abuse and neglect by partnering with local businesses to provide safe havens for youth ages 10-17 in need.
You can help make a difference in our community! A simple gesture of sharing the Safe Place flyer, could help a child in need.
We are blessed to have the volunteer services of compassionate citizens in our surrounding communities. Volunteers help provide the heartbeat of any service-oriented organization. Volunteers often find that not only does their service bless others, but it blesses them as well!
Due to the nature of our services, many of these volunteer activities require screening, background checks and confidentiality agreements. The staff members will help guide you through whatever processes are needed for particular volunteer work.
Individuals must be 21 years or older to volunteer. We can only accept volunteers under the age of 21 under special circumstances.
Project Safe Place
- Respond to youth at Safe Place sites and provide transportation of the youth to the agency
- Assist with Safe Place site checks, ensuring locations are equipped and ready to respond to youth in need
- Assist with Safe Place education and outreach
- Provide life skills sessions for youth
- Assist with fundraising campaigns and special events
- This volunteer position would require an extensive background checks paid for by the volunteer
- Remove and replace Greenbriar exterior logo sign (need a new sign made)
- Repair Greenbriar direction sign
- Weather proof buildings
- Pressure wash and paint exteriors
- Replace and/or repair exterior columns
- Sand and paint exterior steps and porch
- Strip and wax floors
- Clean out areas
- Replace ceiling tiles
- Replace carpet
- Repair bicycles
- Trim trees and shrubbery
- Pull and spray weeds
- Rubber mulch beds
- Plant low maintenance flowers in pots and 2 flower beds and shrubbery (would like regularly scheduled maintenance)
- Pull weeds and water vegetable garden (would like regularly scheduled maintenance)