Education and Care
The problem of child abuse and neglect continues to plague our community. In 1996, Greenbriar established Project Safe Place, which focuses on the prevention of child abuse and neglect by partnering with local businesses to provide safe havens for children in need. We have established over 130 Safe Place sites including convenience stores, fast food restaurants, grocery stores, fire stations, and recreational facilities. When a child seeks help at one of these sites, a trained volunteer or staff member responds immediately and offers services which may include emergency shelter, individual or family counseling, or other referrals as needed. The Safe Place Program also includes presentations at schools and community centers to educate children about child abuse prevention and available assistance.
Contact Us For More Information
Volunteers Needed for Safe Place:
- Respond to youth at Safe Place sites and provide transportation of the youth to the agency
- Assist with Safe Place site checks, ensuring locations are equipped and ready to respond to youth in need.
- Assist with Safe Place education and outreach
- Provide life skills sessions for youth
- Assist with fundraising campaigns and special events